How do I structure a risk assessment?
A risk assessment should be structured and used in such a way that it helps the employer.
- To identify hazards at work and to evaluate the risks in order to derive appropriate measures to protect the health of the workers and thereby meet the requirements of the legislation.
- Evaluate risks and enable informed decision-making on work equipment, chemicals, jobs and organization.
- to check whether the currently applied measures are adequate.
- Prioritize tasks when further action becomes necessary.
- to document for the company as well as to the authorities, the employees and their representatives that all factors have been taken into account and that a sound and valid decision has been taken on risks and measures to remedy them.
- to ensure that the preventive measures and working methods introduced as a result of the risk assessment add value to occupational safety.